Friday, December 18, 2009

Still Still Ill

Wednesday 16 December

The lurgy still lingers like a bad smell. I try and catch up with some programmes on Sky+ that I've been meaning to watch for ages. "Wonderland: I Won University Challenge" and "Games Britannia: Monopolies and Mergers" are watched and deleted.

Thursday 17 December

I bit the bullet and went to the doctor's. I tend to flit between two doctors so I have more chance of getting one of them. I'm prescribed a double dose of Amoxicillin and fingers crossed that does the trick. I'll also make sure I finish the course. I've a bad habit of thinking I'm over the worst and then, bang, it's back!

After picking up my drugs (man) I head home for some soup and return a call form "A Question of Genius". They want to go over some information from my application to see what they can use for my my "biog" on the show. It might be the case that there isn't time for any little chats but they're prepared. I like that. They're thorough and pleasant about it.

Being a creature of habit, I bought the Christmas double edition of the NME. Boy, has it changed. Thankfully they've binned the next-to-impossible Christmas Quiz, which I would rather stupidly pour many a festive hour over every year. Instead I settle down with a hot drink, a pen and the Big Christmas crossword. With a hand from Mr Google it's eventually finished. Another important boy-job done.

It's started snowing and now it feels like Christmas.

After collecting The Flickster from Kids' Club I perform lots of adult grown-up tasks like filling the car with a water/anti-freeze mix, cover the windscreen and salt the driveway. I haven't got any grit or "proper" salt so I figure Sea Salt will be just as good!

Friday 18 December

I'm finally turning the corner as far as my ailments are concerned. I had a decent night's sleep, which is a good sign. My head is still a bit bunged up but the Amoxicillin is doing it's job What do the Verve know about drugs?

It's Terry Wogan's last day of "Wake Up To Wogan". I'll miss him. I enjoy his gentle badinage and Irish whimsy.

Everyday on my Facebook page I've been linking to a festive music video. It's my musical advent calendar and I thought I'd share them with my blog readers. Eyes down for a full house, here we go:

1 - 3. I missed the 1st to 3rd because I forgot!
4. Camera Obscura - The Blizzard
5. Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Let's Boogey To The Elf Dance
6. The Wedding Present featuring Simone White - Holly Jolly Hollywood
7. The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
8. Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
9. Cocteau Twins - Frosty The Snowman
10. James Brown - Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto
11. Fountains of Wayne - The Man In The Santa Suit
12. Sufjan Stevens - Put The Lights On The Fire
13. Nina Van Pallandt - Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown
14. Thea Gilmore - That'll Be Christmas
15. Badly Drawn Boy - Donna and Blitzen
16. Connie Francis - I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter
17. The Beach Boys - Christmas Day
18. Cineplexx and Ally Kerr - The Christmas Family Tree

More to come, assuming I'm spared over the festive period!

No comments: