Friday, November 27, 2009

When is PR not PR?

I did my weekly check around the blogs I read/follow and I was rather taken aback that the owner of http://police-box.blogspot.com has changed the status of his blog to be "open to invited readers only". Perhaps he doesn't like a couple of comments I made recently. I made a comment on something he wrote. Someone "anonymous" had a pop at me (I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of his pals) and I countered, as you do.

Either way I find it bizarre that someone in a business that thrives on publicity should have turned his blog into something of a closed shop. If he only wants certain people to read it then he'd be better off just e-mailing his pals his latest bitter ramblings. Does he really think I won't be able to read it?

He's more than welcome to come on here and explain why he doesn't want me read his blog. It's a shame because I do enjoy a good laugh. It's nearly as funny and ill-informed as the comments on The Scotsman/Evening news website or the Metro letters page.

Mind you, you only have to read the excellent Tabloid Watch blog to know that much what you read (or don't read) in the papers (or on journalistic/PR blogs) should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

No comments: