Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Cat on Kirkcaldy VRN 1287AM - Sun 4 Jan 09

The first show of the new year was a rather ramshackle affair but I got through it unscathed. Here's what the captive audience got:

Simon Dupree and the Big Sound - Kites
The Quik - Bert's Apple Crumble (show theme)
Keith & Billie - You Don't Know Like I Know
The Creation - Biff Bang Pow
Delaney & Bonnie - Groupie (Superstar)
Boyce and Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
The Cinderellas - Baby Baby (I Still Love You)
The Poets - That's The Way It's Got To Be
The Supremes - Run Run Run (Connect 3)
Feminine Complex - I Won't Run (Connect 3)
The Toys - See How They Run (Connect 3)
Brenda Holloway - How Many Times Did You Mean It
Lulu - Day Tripper
Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music (Birthday - Arthur Conley 4 Jan 1946)
She - Outta Reach
Pamela Blue - My Friend Bobby
The Searchers - Liebe ("Money") (Foreign Language)
Michael Leslie - Make Up Or Break Up
The Moontrekkers - Hatashiai (Japanese Sword Fight) (Instrumental*)
Shelley Fabares - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
The Aerovons - Words From A Song
Bobby Fuller Four - Let Her Dance
The Velvelettes - Lonely Lonely Girl Am I
The Contours - Do You Love Me
Denise and Company - Boy What'll You Do Then
Dropkick - Patchwork (Under The Influence)
The Essex - What Did I Do?
Nancy Priddy - You've Come This Way Before
The Four Shells - Hot Dog (My Baby's Comin' Home)
The Avons - Be Good To Your Baby (Connect 3)
John Leyton - Down The River Nile (Connect 3)
Gemini - Sunshine River (Connect 3)
The Goodnight Kisses - If He Kissed Me
The Uniques - Send Him To Me
Goldie and the Gingerbreads - Walking In Different Circles (Two of a Kind)
Goldie and the Gingerbreads - Chew Chew Fee Fi Fun (Two of a Kind)
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Come and Get These Memories
The Quik - Bert's Apple Crumble (show theme)

* New untitled feature, whereby I start the second half of the show with an instrumental. Next week it'll be something I can pronounce!

Onwards and upwards to next week...(oh, and back to work tomorrow, deep joy!!)

No comments: